Friday, July 8, 2011

Fun Flags

I've spent the last three July 4ths here in DC.  So this year, I decided to switch it up and go back home to the Midwest.  And I must say... Independence Day in the Capitol is definitely awesome, but it was wonderful to be home with family and friends!  My time was filled with lots of cookouts, beautiful weather, and of course a little bit of baking. : )

Since I was on vacation, I didn't have all the usual tools I use for baking and decorating, but I made due with what I had.  So while the cake I'm about to show you isn't anything special on the outside, it's the inside that will blow your mind.  I must admit that I did not come up with this on my own... I got the idea from one of my favorite blogs.  So I made my own red velvet and buttermilk white cakes, and used the assembly idea I saw in the blog.  Look at how awesome this turned out!!!



Blessings-
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment