Monday, July 11, 2011

Bites of Heaven

Remember how I told you I also did cake pops for the cocktail hour at my last wedding?  Well here they are!  They were my first attempt at the newest baking trend, and I think they turned out pretty cute.  The only downer is they are kind of time consuming, and there are several steps to them... lots of hand-rolling, chilling, etc.  But I'm sure I could get faster if I practiced a little more at it.

For the cocktail hour, I made lemon cake pops, and buttermilk white cake pops that had a hint of strawberry in them.  After I dipped them in white chocolate, I dipped them in purple and red sugar to match the main colors of the wedding.  These are the perfect treat for a party, summer get together, cocktail hour, you name it!  Because the cocktail hour was outside, they did melt a bit in the sun, but I popped the leftovers in the fridge and they were good as new.  Enjoy!



My beautiful models!  (aka girlfriends - love 'em!)
Blessings-
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment