Friday, March 4, 2011

Oldie but Goody

Remember how I was talking about having some photos stored up?... Well this is one of them.  As you can tell from the color scheme, these cookies are from Christmas time, but I just never got around to posting them!  These are very special to me.  They're not just regular, ordinary, Christmas sugar cookies.  These are Aagot's sugar cookies.

Who the heck is Aagot?  That's a good question.  Aagot was a dear friend of my grandma's.  And she happened to be Norwegian.  And these happen to be her sugar cookies.  I usually only like soft and chewy cookies, but these are the exception.  These sugar cookies are buttery and delicious and they've got just a little bit of bite to them, and they literally melt in your mouth.  A little known secret about these - they're also great frozen (a little trick I learned from my mom).  These are very special to me, and another one of my Christmas traditions.  So even though I'm a couple months late in this post, these cookies will not reappear in my kitchen until next Christmas.  I can hardly wait!



Blessings-
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment