Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Candy

Everyone has their own Christmas traditions... I happen to have several!  But one that I do every year, and only at Christmas, is make buckeyes.  Now, if you're not from the Midwest, you might not know what those are.  I've heard people call them peanut butter balls, peanut butter bon bons, and other such variations.  But just look at them - they're obviously buckeyes because they look just like the nut that falls from the tree (which we happen to have a lot of back where I'm from).  They're kind of like a homemade Reese's, exact way tastier and much cuter.

I've already made three batches of buckeyes this Christmas season, and I'm anticipating making at least one more.  Those who know me are aware of my Christmas buckeye tradition, so I've been getting many requests for them... and a few lucky folks received little baggies of them from Santa. HoHoHo!



Blessings-
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment