Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Luck O' the Irish

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, and my Irish heritage, I obviously had to post something green!  Now this one might catch you by surprise, but I've been making key lime cupcakes the past several years for St. Patty's Day.  I know that's not a traditional Irish flavor, but it is in keeping with the color scheme.  So that's my tradition and I'm sticking to it!

These cupcakes are definitely a crowd favorite whenever I show up with them.  Not only do they taste delicious, but everyone always loves the little surprise!  And what is that you might ask?  Some tasty key lime filling of course!

This moist yellow cake has a little bit of lime juice and zest, and they have a sweet and tart key lime filling.  The are truly delightful!  I top them with a lime buttercream, and BAM - Luck O' the Irish to ya!




Blessings-
LC

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm I remember these... they are SO good! They really taste like limes! Sigh. Miss you =0)

    -Jess

    ReplyDelete