Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Gorillas are Bigger than Monkeys

Remember how we have a Christmas tradition of making monkey bread?  Well this is a sweeter take on that wonderful and nostalgic classic - gorilla bread.

Don't be fooled by the name.  This is delicious and sweet... so don't be scared!  It's similar to monkey bread, except instead of bitesize pieces of dough, I use larger pieces of dough and wrap them around small blocks of cream cheese.  So basically it's kind of like a cinnamon roll drenched in a sweet cinnamon-sugar syrup.  I must admit that I am torn on which bundt pan delight is my favorite.  I have made both for many different people, and preference is mixed... I think I just comes down to what you like.

For me, monkey bread will always have a special place in my heart because it reminds me of family and Christmas morning.  But it's nice to shake things up in a while, so gorilla bread is my go-to brunch food when I'm looking to impress.  Which one is your favorite?




Blessings-
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment