Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Heart Day

Those who know me know that I love holidays! I think they are a great excuse to dress, decorate, and cook "in-theme"... whatever that may be.  On the scale of holidays, I'll admit that Valentine's has never been one of my favorites.  I've always thought it was kind of pointless, but I still enjoy sending little paper valentines and painting my nails red.

One of the traditions I have started is making these heart-shaped sugar cookies every Valentine's.  This is by far my favorite sugar cookie recipe (another great one inherited from June!), and when I took more than 50 of these cookies to a chili cookoff (which will be described in a later post), not ONE of them was left!  They were a big hit to say the least.  Plus, they're just so darn cute, aren't they?



Blessings-
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment