Monday, February 7, 2011

Carrots are best in Cake

I recently made these carrot cake cupcakes for another birthday.  I love cupcakes because they're easy to carry, and even easier to eat.  I decided to get a little fancy with these and put some edible glitter on top for a little extra special somthin' somethin'.  Aren't they cute?  And of course with carrot cake, you've just got to have cream cheese icing - duh.

I base this recipe off one given to me by my dear friend Jeremy (otherwise known as Jerms).  Now, I have adapted my version slightly, but everyone who has ever had one says it is the best carrot cake they ever had.  So that must mean something, right?  Of course one of the secrets is using freshly grated carrots (thank God I have a food processor with a grating wheel!).  I do put in a couple of special secret ingredients you wouldn't expect in carrot cake, as well as the usual nuts and sometimes raisins if I'm feeling a little extra spunky.  I know I seem to say this about every cake I put up on here, but these are definitely one of my favorites!



Blessings-
LC

2 comments:

  1. I think you should call this blog, "Cream Cheese Frosting." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I am honored!! This greatly warms my soul!!!

    ReplyDelete