Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Big Day

Well, the whole reason I started this blog was to advertise my services in the hopes of having a little baking side business.  And the event that started it all, was my roommate's wedding this past summer.  I had always wanted to make a wedding cake, but thought it was an unachievable dream.  But when my roommate asked me if I'd make her cake, I jumped at the chance - what a great opportunity!  I also made around 100 cupcakes for her wedding, but those are less exciting to look at. : )

So today I present to you the first ever wedding cake I made.  I didn't have some of the proper tools or techniques for decorating, so that's something I am going to work on.  I got a bunch of great decorating tools from Santa this Christmas, and am looking at taking some professional decorating classes in the near future.  Making my roommate's wedding cake was very stressful, because it was my first one.  But I must admit, that once it was finished, it was one of the proudest moments of my life.  I don't think I want to be a full-time maker of wedding cakes, but they are fun and challenging and such a special thing to be able to do for others.



Blessings-
LC

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy looking at all of your tasty treats! For some wedding cake inspiration, check out cakewalk in Plymouth IN. I know she was looking for a helper a couple of months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time reader, long time admirer of your baking skillz... nice work, Lynz! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelievable. I'll send you floor updates if you send me updates on when you have baked goods in the office. Or just bring them when you come visit.

    ReplyDelete