Thursday, January 13, 2011

Red Delicious

As I have previously admitted, I'm a cake kinda girl.  I know I already featured red velvet in a post a while back, but those were cupcakes, and this is cake, and I love red velvet.  So that's a good enough reason for me!

I think red velvet cake is a very southern desert, and not being from the South, it wasn't really that common where I grew up.  But about 3 years ago, I decided to try it, and I knew I had found the one.  The slight hint of cocoa, the rich cream cheese frosting (which is the best part anyways, right?), and it's just the perfect balance and combination.  Just scoop on some vanilla ice cream and it doesn't get any better than that!

I made this red velvet cake for my roommate's birthday (who to my delight also loves red velvet!).  Unfortunately I didn't get a very good picture of it once we cut it, but you get the idea.  I warned you when I started with this blog that photography wasn't exactly my strong point, so you'll just have to deal with it this time! : )



Blessings-
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment