Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Grandma's Lemon Bars

Ironically, both of my grandmas love lemon bars... and I must admit that I do as well!  There's just something about the tartness of the lemon against the sweet creaminess of these bars that I just love - especially if they're chilled in the refrigerator first.  The creamy lemon filling is baked on top of a buttery cookie bottom, so they hold up very nicely when you eat them with your fingers - or shove them in your mouth by the fistful, you'll find no judgment here. ; )

So over the Christmas holiday, I made sure to make these luscious lemon bars for my grandma's Christmas open house.  I know they're not typically a winter-type of treat, but honestly, who really likes to follow seasonal baking guidelines anyways, right?



Blessings-
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment