Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gimme S'more

After all the fancy wedding cakes I've posted lately, I decided to bring it down a notch and give you something a little more down-home.  A lot of the blogs I follow had all kinds of interesting s'mores recipes a few weeks back, so I decided to try my hand at some s'mores cookie bars.

I used cinnamon-flavored graham crackers for the bottom, and then made my special chocolate chip cookie recipe... added a little cinnamon to the batter... and stirred in lots of marshmallows and chocolate chips.  Then I covered all the graham crackers with the cookie batter, and halfway through the baking, I added some more marshmallows and chopped Hershey bars on top - YUM.

To be honest, I like these a lot better than campfire s'mores!  There's something about the cookie batter that just makes them sooooooooooooo much better!  The graham crackers stay crunchy fresh out of the oven, but after a day or so, they soften up and add a different texture to the cookies.  I've made these a couple times in the last few weeks, and they've been such a hit that I'm already getting requests to make them for parties and such!  Plus, they just remind me of summer bonfires, and that's always a great feeling. : )


Blessings-
LC

1 comment:

  1. Not to make other readers jealous... BUT, I have had these and I would agree that they are awesome! Thanks Lindsey :)

    ReplyDelete