Wednesday, September 28, 2011

White Chocolate Reese's

Have you ever had white chocolate reese's?  Well, I had not... until a client asked me to incorporate them into a cake!  The birthday boy's favorite candy is white chocolate reese's, so I created a birthday cake STUFFED with them!

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the inside, so you'll just have to take my word for it.  This is a three layer chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream.  In between each of the cake layers, I chopped up the candy and added it to the white chocolate filling.  For the outside, I put the leftover candies in my food processor and ground them up to create the little bits of tastiness that formed the outer "crust" if you will.

Since this was for a client, I didn't taste the final product.  But I'm told it was a hit!  Adding candy to cakes, etc. isn't something I usually do, but it's a fun - and tasty - way to bring your favorite flavors into a special dessert.

Blessings-
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment