Thursday, January 5, 2012

I'm Back!... With a Baby Cake

I can't believe it's been so long since my last post!  I had every intention of adding some new treats over the holidays, but as I'm sure many of you were... it was rather hectic!  But now I am back from all my travels and with renewed enthusiasm and dedication for Delightful Treats.

While I was home for the holidays, I certainly was able to relax, but it wasn't all down-time.  As you can see from the photos below... I was still keeping busy!  One of my dear friends from college recently had a baby, and since she now lives in South Carolina, her family wanted to throw her a belated baby shower back in the Midwest.  I was honored when my friend asked me to make the cake for her special occasion.  Although I never got a picture of the inside, it was a spice cake with caramel filling and cream cheese frosting.  My Mommy Friend told me what flavor she wanted the cake, the colors for the icing, and that she wanted a little lion cub on it, but other than that she gave me creative reign.

Since she already had the baby I had some more information about the little bundle of joy than you normally would for a baby shower cake, obviously. : )  Judah means "lion's cub" which is why she wanted that incorporated.  As you can see, I decorated the top tier with some of his birth information: his birth date (10/9/11), his weight (5 lb 9oz), and his length (18.5 inches).  On the bottom tier I incorporated part of a verse that Judah's daddy recites to him every night from Proverbs 23:15-16, "My son, if you are wise, then my heart will be glad.  My inmost being will rejoice when your lips speak what is right."

I loved the way this cake turned out.  I thought it was so cute and perfect for such a precious baby boy.  So here's the super cute cake, and the super cute baby!




Blessings-
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment