Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hoppy Easter!!!

If you couldn't tell already, I really get into holidays.  I love the traditions, the time with family and friends, and of course the fabulous food!  Although Easter is most decidedly a celebration of Jesus' resurrection, I also enjoy the other spring-time symbols associated with Easter.

So when I found these cute flower petal cupcake liners at the craft store, I just knew they'd be perfect for Easter!  And what kind of cake does the Easter Bunny eat?  Carrot cake of course!  Because carrot cake is darker, I was afraid it would bleed through the pink petal design of the wrappers.  So I went ahead and baked them in standard foil cups, and then just placed them inside the decorative ones.

This was my first time making a "birds nest" out of the cream cheese frosting (tinted brown), but I just think it's sooooo cute with the little Easter egg candies nestled in them!  I'm definitely going to keep this technique in mind for many Easters to come.


Blessings-
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment